Strike at the competition!
With a 2-stroke .25 and separated elevator/rudder control, the Viper 500 is a fun, everyday sport model. Use V-tail mixing and a larger engine, and it becomes a fiery, ultra-competitive "club racer"...and it's AMA-legal for Quickie 500 in 424 and 428 classes!
World-famous airfoil designer Dr. Michael Selig created the airfoil specifically for Quickie 500 racing. Great Planes adds such performance-boosting "extras" as a perfectly formed engine mounting plate and—to minimize drag—specially engineered wheels and mounting hardware and recessed wing holddown bolts.
- Assembles in as little as 6-8 hours!
- Carbon fiber reinforced, wood/foam wing arrives covered in Top Flite® MonoKote® film.
- Bolt-on tail provides accurate alignment for fast assembly, and can also be removed for easy transportation.
- Includes "multi-fit," backplate-type, metal engine mount and low-drag nylon wheels.
- Available pre-covered in red or white MonoKote.
52 in (1320 mm)
Wing Area :
504 sq in (32.5 dm2)
3-3.4 lb (1360-1530 g)
Wing Loading :
13.7-15.4 oz/sq ft (42-47 g/dm2)
41.3 in (1050 mm)
Engine Required :
2-stroke .25-.46 cu in (4-8 cc)
Radio Required :
4-channel for sport flying; 6-channel or higher for racing, with V-tail mixing; 4 standard servos